Helping you to get your next job
Job Application Support provides confidential, local support.
It can include: CV review & development; job specification and CV matching; covering letter preparation; employer research, face-to-face or online interview skills practice; and presentation skills practice.
This is a confidential and personal one-to-one service focused on helping you and coaching you to create a professional, effective CV and/or Covering Letter and to help you achieve interview success!
If you follow an effective job application process, you will have a greater chance of getting that job!
- THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR AN INITIAL DISCUSSION -
INDIVIDUAL SUPPORT- CV Review & Development
- Face-to-face or Online Interview Coaching
- Presentation Skills Coaching
- I also offer specific Business Skills and Career Coaching.
- Details here.
I am based near Ely, Cambridge covering Newmarket, Cambridge and Ely.
"I came to Neil for a fresh set of eyes on my CV and covering letter as I had been staring at it for too long. Neil helped with the arrangement of important information and keywords. A few minor changes made a big difference to the way my CV and covering letter can now be read by employers."
"Neil, Thank you very much for this, it’s taken on board. We appreciate your thoughts and will think about what we are doing. We really appreciate your help and thank you for everything . I know you're there if we need help."
For more information or to ask any questions please email Neil - Email.
For more information about Neil and his skillset click here and here.
"Believe you can do it. Plan to learn and develop your skills. Work hard to achieve a new you."
CV BASICSSome key points which relate to every CV:
- Use a layout that best suits you
- Make sure you complete all relevant sections
- Consider the intended reader - make it easy to read
- Keep it simple - avoid waffle
- Run a spell-check and ask someone else to read it through
- Two sides of A4 is about right for any CV. A bit longer for some older applicants
- If applying for a specific role make sure your key skills/attributes match the job description
- Avoid using mixed or fancy fonts
CV SERVICESUnder normal circumstances honing your CV and/or Covering Letter will take about 3-4 working days.
Please be prepared to email your CV - or your CV so far - and any other relevant documentation.
Business Skills & Career Coaching
I also offer 1:1 coaching, training and support for a range of business skills and personal career planning needs. These include:
- Presentation skills development
- Job interview practice
- Improving your personal video presence
- Role change or development
- Workplace issues
- Problem evaluation
Initially, please contact me for a chat and you can decide where we go from there.
Neil Ford - Career Coach & Trainer
I am an experienced Career and Managerial Skills coach and trainer. I qualified for a Diploma in Business Performance Coaching in 2001.
As a self-employed coaching and training contractor I have worked for individuals, small groups, and large organisations on numerous projects associated with skills development and work-related issues.
My experience and expertise covers all aspects of career skills development and training, and of the job application process.
More locally on the job application front I have worked with individuals on their CV’s and skills development in whatever area was needed.